DBSK: What's In Interview (October 2007)


To accommodate the release of THSK's 2nd artist photobook "SHINE", the members were asked the same questions from their 1st photobook to see how they've changed since then, which was around a year and a half ago (of October 2007).

1. What food do you like to eat?
XIAH: Natto...chicken
MICKY: Fish
UKNOW: Watermelon
MAX: Pizza
HERO: Kimchi

2. What food do you not like to eat?
MICKY: Kusaya (a kind of salty dried fish)
HERO: We all don't like kusaya
XIAH: Plum pickled vegetables(?)
MAX: Kusaya
HERO: The fish head on those sushi/sashimi platters

(Kusaya is the dried fish delicacy that THSK ate on the Japanese Channel-A program. Although tasty, however, the strong peculiar smell surprised the boys, especially Junsu)

3. What place do you like?
MICKY: Lake
UKNOW: Tower
MAX: An ordinary school
HERO: Odaiba and Yokohama (Japanese cities)

4. What place don't you like?
MICKY: Ah! Let me change my previous answer to a place I like to...Starbucks!
UKNOW: Let me change mine too! A lake in my hometown in Korea
XIAH: Moonbucks!
- What's Moonbucks?
MICKY: Ah hahaha! So it's not "star", but "moon"! (Starbucks --> Moonbucks)
MAX: Ooookay, let's just continue...
- Okay, places you don't like?
MICKY: Bustling places
XIAH: Airplanes
UKNOW: Buses
MAX: Crowded places
MICKY: Still it's school for me
XIAH: Ah! A place I like is the library!
All: AH HAHAHA! REALLY?!?
HERO: A place I don't like is...Junsu's room!
MICKY: The place by Junsu's side! (laughs)

5. In the morning, what is the first thing you see after opening your eyes?
MAX: Wristwatch
MICKY: Photo
HERO: iPod
MICKY: ManagerHyung's face
XIAH: Ceiling
HERO: Ah! Manager Hyung's face for me as well. That's manager Hyung's habit...he sticks his face up close to ours when we wake up. I always get startled! (laughs)

6. What would you like to eat for dinner tonight?
MICKY: Something with a lot of onions...Jaejoong hyung's kimchi jigae
UKNOW: Doenjang jigae (made with soybean paste)
MAX: Freshwater turtle (which has a soft shell)
HERO: Whoa, everyone's food standards are different!
XIAH: Nothing in particular
HERO: Nothing in particular for me too

7. If you were reborn, who would you like to be?
HERO: Changmin...because he's a genius!
MICKY: I don't want to be reborn again
UKNOW: I still want to be myself
- Junsu?
XIAH: Bill Gates
MAX: I still want to be myself too
HERO: Haha! Then there will be two Changmins! (because Jaejoong earlier said he wanted to be reborn as Changmin)

8. What do you want to do on your next break/vacation?
XIAH: Go traveling
UKNOW: Visit my hometown
MAX: Go traveling by myself
MICKY: Go to Starbucks...drinking coffee while I read and enjoying my time off
HERO: I don't think there are vacations
MICKY: Haha, true. That's a realistic way of putting it

9. What is the one thing that if it was missing in this world, it would make life difficult?
MAX: Myself
UKNOW: People
MICKY: Music and everything else except for Junsu (laughs)
All: WAHAHA!
XIAH: ...Love
All: ......... (silence)
MICKY: Are you referring to women??
All: HAHAHA!
XIAH: No! I mean...to love...to be in love.
UKNOW: That's a good one!
MICKY: Then, my answer is...THSK members
- Including Junsu?
MICKY: (rolls eyes) Em...do I have a choice? (laughs)
HERO: Earth/planet

10. What do you typically buy at the convenience store?
MAX: Something that's beneficial to my health
UKNOW: Milk
HERO: Me too
XIAH: Garlic drink
MICKY: Natto

11. What do you think you'll be doing at the age of 80?
HERO: THSK
XIAH: Singing
MICKY: For me, I'll be at the hospital chatting with family members while taking photos
UKNOW: I'll also be with my family...hugging them
MAX: Mountain climbing
XIAH: Ah, I want to learn a new language...one cannot stop continuously learning new things...
(everyone totally ignoring Junsu)

12. What would you do if you found 100 million yen when nobody is around?
MAX: Keep it
XIAH: Donate it
All: (giving Junsu a look)
XIAH: REALLY! I'm telling the truth!
MICKY: I want to dump all the money down from the top of Tokyo Tower
XIAH: Then you'll definitely make the news headlines!
HERO: I want to rent an amusement park and spend time there with my fans
All: WAAAAH! Wanna show-off, huh?
HERO: I'm serious, I'm serious!
UKNOW: I want to rent a train and take a ride on it by myself

13. What habit can't you break/get rid of/change?
UKNOW: Being onstage
XIAH: Learning new things
All: (silence again)
XIAH: Look, like what I said before...one cannot stop continuously learning new things!
MICKY: AH HAHAHA! Junsu is really weird!
HERO: For me, whenever I see our fans, my heart beats really fast
All: WAAAAH! Look, there he goes again! He answered it in that way to appease his fans. It's really despicable!
HERO: I'm telling the truth!
- Changmin?
MAX: Exercise
MICKY: Starbucks' Caffe Americano

14. What do you feel like doing the most right now?

UKNOW: Going back to my hometown
XIAH: Playing soccer...11 against 11
MAX: Eating dinner
MICKY: Going back to Korea, even if it's just for one day
HERO: Riding on a jet aircraft
All: Eh? You're okay with this even if you won't be doing this with your fans? (laughing)
HERO: Ah... (laughs wryly)
- Actually, everyone answered all these same questions in a previous interview...
All: OH! OH!
MICKY: Actually, I noticed that...I believe I remember my answers from last time
- Really? Then that's pretty amazing. The following are all the prior answers you gave before...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. What food do you like to eat?
HERO: Spicy foods
MAX: Everything
XIAH: Natto
UKNOW: Nabe
MICKY: Everything
...everyone liked new food except Junsu XD

2. What food do you not like to eat?
HERO: Sweets
MAX: Nothing
XIAH: Tangerine
UKNOW: Nothing
MICKY: Natto
...hmm maybe they didn't taste Kusaya yet...

3. What place do you like?
HERO: Anywhere by the sea or river
MAX: Quiet places
XIAH: The rooftop of the record company
UKNOW: Seoul Tower ...Uknow and his tower..aww
MICKY: My room where I can compose music

4. What place don't you like?
HERO: Bustling places
MAX: Places where I don't know a lot of people
XIAH: None ...I wonder what happened on airplanes that made him dislike it...too much maybe?
UKNOW: Narrow places
MICKY: Bustling places ...bustling places it is!

5. In the morning, what is the first thing you see after opening your eyes?

HERO: Micky
MAX: Light
XIAH: Max
UKNOW: Cellphone
MICKY: Hero
...bhahaha Manager Hyung didn't start his thing yetXD

6. What would you like to eat for dinner tonight?
HERO: Simple dishes
MAX: Anything's fine
XIAH: Anything's fine
UKNOW: Nabe
MICKY: BBQ
...everyone's standard got higher ^^

7. If you were reborn, who would you like to be?
HERO: The person that I am right now
MAX: Farmer O_O
XIAH: Wind
UKNOW: Either people who likes me, or myself
MICKY: Race car driver

8. What do you want to do on your next break/vacation?
HERO: Go to look at the sea
MAX: Plan a trip to the World Cup in June
XIAH: Play soccer
UKNOW: Go to Germany
MICKY: Watch a movie

9. What is the one thing that if it was missing in this world, it would make life difficult?
HERO: Clothes
MAX: Music, CD, THSK members, family and friends
XIAH: THSK members
UKNOW: Family
MICKY: Body
...we can see the contrast of maturity btn their answers now ^^

10. What do you typically buy at the convenience store?
HERO: Nothing
MAX: Something to drink
XIAH: Milk
UKNOW: Milk
MICKY: Ice cream
...it's always food

11. What do you think you'll be doing at the age of 80?
HERO: Trying my best to exercise
MAX: Laughing
XIAH: Traveling around the world
UKNOW: Preparing a Christmas party with my children and grandchildren ...aww family is always so important...
MICKY: Composing music and lyrics

12. What would you do if you found 100 million yen when nobody is around?
HERO: Use it
MAX: Take it
XIAH: Put it into my savings ...LMAO what happened to donation?! XD
UKNOW: Leave it there ...somebody learned to be greedy ^^
MICKY: Save half and use the other half

13. What habit can't you break/get rid of/change?
HERO: Checking myself out in front of my mirror
MAX: Biting my finger nails
XIAH: The sound of my laughter
UKNOW: Touching my ears and eyes whenever I'm nervous
MICKY: None ...who'd have thought Starbucks could have such big influence...

14. What do you feel like doing the most right now?
HERO: Take a walk
MAX: Take a nap/go to sleep
XIAH: Go shopping
UKNOW: Exercise
MICKY: Compose music
...sigh...everyone was so simple back then...

- Does everyone remember this?

HERO: No way, really!! There are changes!
MICKY: Xiah's changes are quite interesting! (laughs)
HERO: Micky gave up composing music...opts for Starbucks instead! (laughs)
XIAH: I think being a Starbucks employee is pretty cool too! (chimes in)
HERO: Uknow didn't change much, the same with Max too...because of that, they're no fun! (laughs) For me, I'm thinking more about our fans now.
UKNOW: Nevertheless, these are all good changes.

- Lastly, can you each tell us about your thoughts?

HERO: Compared to a year and a half ago, there were many changes. I don't want to forget about these good feelings for this year. It'll be great it I can keep these feelings of thinking about our fans when we do our activities for next year... (everyone giving him a look) ...ah hahaha...no, I'm serious. I want to have a more scary dream...and that is to double my efforts and hard work.

MAX: Comparing myself now to the one in the past, because there were a lot of changes...it was very interesting. Thanks for giving me a chance to revisit my past self.

UKNOW: I feel very fortunate that many good changes, even better than what I could have ever imagined, happened. I want to show everyone a more matured Yunho.

MICKY: Compared to last year, I feel I am more familiar and comfortable with Japan right now to give the answers I gave. It was pretty amazing to use this method of comparing our present selves to our past selves. Also, it was fun seeing Junsu this way.

XIAH: As human beings... (Changmin and Jaejoong burst out laughing) Uh, I'm talking right now... okay, I'll say it properly! Do you know? ...the difference between human beings vs. creatures is that us humans can experience the joy of learning...

All: (laughs out loud)

XIAH: So, I want to learn forever until the day I die. If I don't continue learning new things, then I can't be considered as a human being!

All: .............. (at this point, no one could speak a word because they were all laughing so hard)

0 comments: